Rogers & Cowan was tasked to generate publicity for the launch of NVIDIA’s new flagship GeForce GTX 1080, the most advanced gaming GPU ever created. The GPU is driven by the high-performance, power-efficient new NVIDIA Pascal architecture. The goal was to secure tech and business news stories to further solidify NVIDIA’s status as an innovator and the leader in the graphics card market.
• Invite a cross-section of 100 influential global media to the event; disclose no details to fuel anticipation and conversation
• Austin, Texas was strategically selected for the launch event destination timed to Dreamhack, a competitive gaming conference making its North American debut in Austin
• Pre-event, a mysterious briefcase featuring an “Order of 10” logo and containing a metal triangle, a URL and a code was seeded to select media and influencers to drive social media buzz
• Press materials, a livestream link of the launch event were sent to a wide list of media to generate coverage immediately following NVIDIA’s CEO’s announcement
• Local press were also invited to the launch experience which kicked off with the CEO announcement, followed by a Deadmau5 concert and an opportunity for hands-on demos with in-depth under embargo briefings the following day
Key Media Placements