Comic-Con happens once a year in San Diego, and it’s always a momentous time. Some of the entertainment industry’s biggest news is unveiled at the annual convention, from movie announcements to hotly-anticipated trailers and panels. This year’s Comic-Con is in the books now, and there was certainly no shortage of breaking news and exciting appearances—including from Rogers & Cowan clients!
Our 2018 Comic-Con Wrap-Up
Here are a few of our personal highlights from this year’s con.
Some of Hollywood’s biggest stars are represented by Rogers & Cowan—and several were on hand at Comic-Con this year:
– Riz Ahmed unveiled more details about his role in the upcoming Venom movie
– Thomas Jane and the cast of The Predator had their own panel, plus an appearance on Conan
– Broken Lizard announced the green light for Super Troopers 3
– Bruce Willis joined the GLASS panel, including an appearance on Conan
– Yahya Abdul-Mateen II participated in various Aquaman events, including panels and a trailer release
– Chris Pratt was present for The LEGO Movie 2 panels and trailer releases
– Zachary Levi talked about Shazam! and dropped the eagerly-expected trailer
YouTube Originals hosted panels for two of its biggest dramas at San Diego Comic-Con this year – the critically-acclaimed drama, IMPULSE, and the highly anticipated sci-fi series coming this fall called, ORIGIN!
IMPULSE, the latest action-thriller from YouTube, featured director/executive producer Doug Liman, executive producer Gene Klein, executive producer David Bartis, showrunner Lauren LeFranc, and stars Maddie Hasson, Sarah Desjardins and Enuka Okuma on the panel.
ORIGIN, a new 10-episode series following a group of outsiders who find themselves abandoned on a spaceship bound for a distant land, featured stars Tom Felton, Natalia Tena, Nora Arnezeder, Fraser James and Sen Mitsuji along with writer/creator/executive producer Mika Watkins and director Paul W.S. Anderson on the panel.
Following the panels, YouTube Originals partnered with Variety to host the largest Comic-Con kick-off party Thursday night, boasting an extensive lineup of a-list Comic-Con attendees and YouTube’s brightest stars.
Rogers & Cowan worked with client Hasbro at Comic-Con once again this year on a number of fun and exciting events, including:
– Transformers Booth & ‘Bumblebee’ Cast Signing
– Comic-Con goers flocked around the Hasbro booth to take photos with a life-sized Bumblebee statue. The Hasbro booth also flooded with fans and families for Hasbro’s Transformers signing, surprising fans with John Cena, Travis Knight, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., and Hailee Steinfeld of the highly-anticipated ‘Bumblebee’ movie.
– Hasbro’s Annual Entertainment Brand Preview Event – Over 100 influencers and press gathered at the Ultimate Skybox for Hasbro’s annual brand preview event. On display were the latest and greatest products/toys from Hasbro’s popular brands including Transformers, My Little Pony, DropMix and Magic: The Gathering. Guests were also treated to meet-and-greets with the original Green & White Power Ranger (Jason David Frank), photo opportunities with the Beast Morphers Power Rangers, a Transformers ‘80s makeover station and more!
– Green & White Power Ranger Signing – Iconic Power Ranger Jason David Frank stopped by the Hasbro booth for an autograph signing to an ecstatic crowd of kids and fans.
AMC Games: The Walking Dead: Our World
AMC Games had a big presence at Comic-Con with the new augmented reality mobile game, The Walking Dead: Our World — including game developer interviews and hands-on press demos. Norman Reedus and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, stars of AMC’s The Walking Dead, also played the game on the popular IMDB livestream.
Don’t Forget Funimation!
Finally, note that Funimation was on hand with the debut trailer for Dagon Ball Super: Broly, a new film coming out in early 2019. R&C successfully booked top media to attend the highly attended panel, SDCC party at Whiskey Girl and three days of one-on-one interviews with the legendary voice of Goku, Sean Schemmel.